The Depot cannot take any type of housewares, including:
- Floor-standing non-Freon-containing appliances
- Lamps, tables, other decor
- Lawn ornaments, including solar lighting
- Building materials
- Plumbing (including toilets, vanities)
- Vinyl or aluminum siding
- Mattresses or box springs
- Ceramics or heat-proof glass
- Used tools
- CDs & DVDs
- Artificial Christmas trees
No, we do not take mattresses!
No trash service?
- Take the items directly to County Line Landfill. Reach the landfill at County Line Landfill: 574-223-9610.
- Drop off items at the main entrance. The fee for items under the one-ton minimum is $50.00.
Dumping and Burning
- Dumping or burning trash is illegal. If you see anyone dumping or burning garbage, please call the Marshall County Health Department.
- When you burn trash, you are making poison: furniture, tires, mattresses/box springs, and other domestics now contain chemical compounds such as flame retardants that are carcinogenic when burned. Protect yourself and your loved ones and DO NOT BURN TRASH.
Here are some possible options for your still-usable items!
City residents: call your street department
County residents: may burn clean piles of brush. (There is currently no option for county yard waste).
Clothing, Shoes, Housewares, Furniture, Records/CDs/DVDs, Toys, Domestics