Community Clean-Up Trailer
The Community Clean-Up Trailer program is for groups who want to work together to clean up litter, storm damage, or seasonal debris in public areas. The trailer has all a group needs for a clean-up: gloves, safety vests, grabbers and stabbers for litter, bags, rakes, shovels, and wheelbarrows. Just bring your volunteers and we will provide the rest!
Who Is the Program For?
The trailer may be borrowed by a Marshall County civic, church, or community group of more than five (5) volunteers.
How Does It Work?
Borrowing the Trailer. Marshall County residents or groups may borrow the trailer for one day (up to 12 hours) for a community clean-up project. The trailer is loaned on a first come, first serve basis.
Scheduling. Residents can check availability and schedule the trailer by calling the office at 574-935-8618 during regular business hours. A $25.00 deposit is required.
Transportation. The trailer will be dropped off and picked up by a District staff member.
Contact the office at 574-935-8618 for more information on the program.
- Trailer may only be used in Marshall County, Indiana.
- Project must have a designated project coordinator.
- Project coordinator must provide the Cleanup Trailer Application/Waiver five (5) days prior to event with the $25.00 deposit.
- There must be a minimum of five volunteers.
- Trailer may be borrowed for a maximum of 1 day (12 hours).
- Deposit will be returned in exchange for the brief recycling report completed by the project coordinator and after the post-project inventory.
Download required waivers and recycling report:
Waivers can be filled out digitally or printed & scanned.
Or email your waiver to email@example.com
The waste we collect through this program will be analyzed and recorded to track the amounts and the locations of dumping throughout Marshall County. All waste should be returned to the Recycle Depot by placing it in the trailer or the back of the truck pulling the trailer. Waste data will be turned into the Depot and tallied. Waste will be disposed of by local waste haulers.
All recyclables must be dry and free of other types of contamination, such as food waste, grease, or adhesives. Place all recyclables in clear plastic bags.
Only recycle the following items:
- Glass jars
- Soda bottles (glass and plastic)
- Aluminum cans and bottles
Place all trash in opaque trash bags. Non-recyclables include:
- Aluminum foil or food trays
- Plastic food take-out containers of any kind
- Plastic wrap or film
- Tanglers (hoses, cables)
- Wet fiber materials
- Textiles or clothing items
- Styrofoam or packing material
We may only recycle a limited number of items due to possible contamination. If you are in doubt, throw it out and avoid contaminating the recycling bags. Questions on an item? Snap a picture and text it to the Director or Education Coordinator.