We have programs ready to go for your classroom! All of them conform to Indiana State School curriculum standards and can be adjusted to meet your grade level. We are flexible; if you have a topic you would like us to cover that you do not see on the list, just let us know.
- Recycle Education (Grades K-8). This program is dedicated to teaching kids the basics and importance of recycling. Each lesson is different based on the grade level.
- Blind as a Bat (Grades K-3). Students will learn how and why animals use their senses by pretending to be a bat or a moth! A fun game with lots of ways for students to understand animal behavior and gain a deeper appreciation for the natural world.
- Compost Crash Course (Grades 5-8). A take-home experiment for everyone to learn about composting. Bonus: we enjoy some yummy snacks!
- Wiggly Worms (Grades K-6). A program that teaches children all the fun and interesting things about worms. Students get the opportunity to interact with some of the Depot’s own Red Wigglers and learn why worms are important for healthy soil composition. Students are also introduced to the process of composting.
- The Lorax (Grades K-3). Students can either have the book read to them or sit down for the movie option. After the story, students engage in fun activities that relate to the story and provide opportunities to understand how our impact affects the environment and the animals that live there.
- Garbology (Grades 4-8). Who does this garbage belong to? Acting as garbologists–waste anthropologists–students use their powers of observation, inference, and problem-solving to trace a collection of garbage to the person who made it. Using further analytic skills, the students will decide which items in the collection they would choose to recycle or reuse instead.