A business must qualify as a VSQG to drop off its hazardous waste at the Recycle Depot.
- VSQGs are usually smaller enterprises who don’t use large quantities of hazardous materials in their daily processes.
- VSQG status is achieved by producing less than 100 kgs. (220 lbs.) of hazardous waste per month, including a maximum of 1 kg. (2.2 lbs.) acutely hazardous waste.
- If a business generates more than this amount, it is required by law to use a licensed hazardous waste hauler to manifest and transport its waste.
To participate in the VSQG program, please print the guidelines and the VSQG product listing. Read over the guidelines and sign at the bottom. When you plan to drop off waste, make an appointment in advance by calling our office and bring the documents when you arrive. Thank you!
TRANSPORTING AND LABELING WASTE
Please read the following directions carefully
- Do not mix materials. All materials should be sorted by type and securely transported in labeled or original containers.
- Multiple quantities of items (such as light bulbs) MUST BE COUNTED.
- Do not bring waste in a condition that may cause injury to Depot workers: no broken bulbs, sharp edges, loose lids. Waste may be rejected if delivered in unsanitary or hazardous manner.
- Do not bring trash or other refuse not found on our fee schedule.
- Tell us how the material was used. Use the product listing below. You may also provide safety data sheets.
Check the fee schedule to calculate your costs for disposal. Some fees apply for businesses. The Depot accepts cash or check for payment; we do not accept credit or debit card payments at this time.