A business must qualify as a VSQG to drop off its hazardous waste at the Recycle Depot.
- VSQGs are usually smaller enterprises who don’t use large quantities of hazardous materials in their daily processes.
- VSQG status is achieved by producing less than 100 kgs. (220 lbs.) of hazardous waste per month, including a maximum of 1 kg. (2.2 lbs.) acutely hazardous waste.
- If a business generates more than this amount, it is required by law to use a licensed hazardous waste hauler to manifest and transport its waste.
To participate in the VSQG program, please print the guidelines and the VSQG product listing. Read over the guidelines and sign at the bottom. When you plan to drop off waste, make an appointment in advance by calling our office and bring the documents when you arrive. Thank you!
TRANSPORTING AND LABELING WASTE
- Caution should be taken when transporting hazardous material to the Depot.
- If possible, use the original product container, or label the container if the contents are different than listed.
- Do not mix materials!
- All containers should have secure lids and be packed upright in a leak-proof box.
- Provide Safety Data Sheets or any other information about the material (e.g. how it is used).
Check the fee schedule to calculate your costs for disposal. Some fees apply for businesses. The Depot accepts cash or check for payment; we do not accept credit or debit card payments at this time.